Contact: Mr M Peake, Subject Leader for P.E
In year 10 and 11 pupils will receive two hours of high quality Physical Education per week. During this time the students will have the opportunity to further develop their physical and psychological ability within numerous sports/activities which they have previously experienced during Key Stage 3 PE lessons. Some of the sports/activities that they will take part in will include football, netball, basketball, rugby badminton, athletics, rounder's, cricket and tennis.
The fundamental principle in every lesson will be ensuring the pupils achieve whilst displaying behaviours that support the 10 outcomes of High Quality PE;
- Show commitment
- Understand & acquire knowledge
- Lead a healthy, active lifestyle
- Develop confidence
- Develop skills
- Participate in competitive, creative and challenge-type activities
- Think and make appropriate decisions
- Show a desire to improve
- Have stamina, suppleness and strength
- Enjoy PE, school and community sport.
There will be constant assessment through the course with an overall attainment at National Curriculum level awarded at the end of each half term and an overall certificate at the end of the academic year.
- Acquiring and Developing skills.
- Selecting and Applying skills.
- Evaluate and Improvement skills.
- Knowledge and Understanding skills.
- BTEC National in Sport Level 3
Beyond Year 11:
- Post 16 pupils are encouraged to take part in regular exercise within the department by utilising facilities that are not used for other lessons. These students are also often used as coaching and teaching assistants which gives them the opportunity to further their leadership skills.
- AS and A2 Physical Education, BTEC National PE and Powerbase courses are also available to study.