The Guidance Team at Carisbrooke College deliver the Careers Information, Advice and Guidance programme. With the aim to enable all students to make and implement well informed and realistic decisions and successfully manage change and transition. The CIAG programme is delivered through a variety of Career related activities.
Key Stage 3:
- Introduction to the Guidance Centre with interactive games
- Making Choices
- University Taster Days
- First Steps and Preparation with Options
- Take Your Child to Work Day
Key Stage 4:
- Work Experience (including preparation and de-brief)
- CHIP's (Careers in Healthcare Induction Programme)
- University Taster Day and Residential
- Army, Navy and RAF information events
- Parent and Student Careers Information Evening (Year 11)
- Mock Interviews (Year 11)
- Career Guidance Interviews (Year 11)
In addition to the all the above there are opportunities to participle in a range of careers events. These include Career Fairs, presentations from outside speakers and notification of interesting careers events that are taking place locally and nationally.
The Guidance Team attend:
Parent and Student Information Evenings
The Guidance Team:
Mrs Naomi Smy - named Careers Leader
Mrs Helen Abbs – Extended Service & Careers Link Worker.
Mr Ian Riley – Careers Adviser (Island Futures)
Career Comp@nion is an independent and impartial careers resources which is easy to use, enabling students to make well informed decisions about their future.
To access this site please click an image below
The Guidance Centre is located in room 61 and offers a warm welcome to all students during break time, lunchtime and tutor time. There are a large range of resources available to students including application forms, prospectuses for further and higher education establishments, apprenticeships, computer careers programmes and general careers publications.